Thursday, April 23, 2015

I'm currently in a weird in-between time, a no man's land of vet school: there aren't any more lectures to attend, rotations are all finished and graded (I passed them all, woo!) but graduation isn't until May 9th. So we have three weeks of built in vacation - great in principle, but tough in application.

Many of my classmates are going on an actual vacation, somewhere warm, fun or both. Since we're buying this house, we don't want to go shell out anything for a trip just now, even for a long weekend. I'm sure our hands will be more than full with the house when it comes time, but until then it's work for him and keeping busy at home for me. And there are plenty of little things to do: submit paperwork for my state license, go through things to prepare for an upcoming yard sale, communicating with our relator and attending inspections/etc. and of course various household chores. I do allow myself to loaf - I got three books at the library yesterday! - and I know I need to let myself rest up before work begins (June 1!) but I'm starting to feel antsy already and I still have five weeks until I start work! Ack.


No comments:

Post a Comment