Friday, April 17, 2015

Today is my last day of veterinary school. Three years in the classroom, under the fluorescent lights, cramming pages upon pages into my brain for the multitude of tests. I'm a little sad that I'm not at the school with my classmates to feel that undercurrent of excitement all day long, and that I didn't get to participate in our class's "prank" where the fourth years decorate the school elaborately on the last day of classes every year. In a way, though, I'm glad that I've been apart from my classmates these last six months because (hopefully) it makes our final goodbyes less abrupt. Really though, I know I'll be crying on graduation day because these 62 people have been a family to me this whole time. Away from my parents, sister and husband, they were the people to make me laugh and hear me vent, the only people who could truly empathize. I will miss them all dearly.


A long time ago, I wrote three things that I wanted to do when I got out of vet school: volunteer, run and learn photography. And I think now is the time! With three weeks until graduation and another month until work starts, I'm considering starting out by finding a place to volunteer. Hopefully by building them into my schedule, I can keep it up even when I start to work.

And last but not least, Danny and I have put an offer in on a house! I'm hopeful that it all works out smoothly and we can be in by the middle of June :)

No comments:

Post a Comment