Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Saturday is The Day: the White Coat Ceremony.

Veterinary schools all handle white coats differently, although all "coating" is done ceremoniously, as the image of the white coat signifies entry into the profession. Some schools have white coat for new students, others before clinical rotations begin. However, my school gives out light blue coats for all four years (I tell people it's done that way so everyone knows who knows what they're doing and who doesn't) and then has a ceremony at the end of it all to finally get your white coat. While symbolic, I'm mostly just excited to get to see my friends after six months apart and have one last amazing party with them. Bring out the dresses and the heels and the make up!

The weekend after white coat, Danny and I are flying to Colorado to attend his grandmother's funeral. It will be wonderful to go out there (it is my favorite place in the world!) and see his family, who we haven't seen since our wedding, but I will really miss his grandmother. She was so kind and welcoming to me - had us over to dinner nearly every Sunday while they were living in this area, sent the most HILARIOUS Christmas cards ever (like, tears-streaming-down-your-face-with-laughter-level hilarious) and was the first to send me a congratulatory card for passing my NAVLE. Truly a wonderful lady that will be dearly missed. (Unfortunately, the funeral service is on our wedding anniversary, which is a bummer, but I'm hoping we can go for a hike nearby sometime while we're there, or do a little something together.)

And last but not least, the house is moving along really well. We had a small issue crop up but the owners have been great with responding to us and making the improvements we request. I cannot WAIT until we have a place of our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment